F&F Forums

Find answers, ask questions, share resources, and connect with our community.
Think we need a new forum? Click here to create a new one.

Home Forums Book Club Recovering the Lost Tools of Learning Reply To: Recovering the Lost Tools of Learning

• Jaime Lingle

November 2, 2022 at 12:19 am

I’m with Jacy on the prayer in public school. At first, I want to jump up and say, “Yeah! Let’s get prayer back in public school!!” But then I remember there is not the same God for all the people in attendance at that school…so which God are we praying to? And does that mean we need a different prayer for all the different religions that people have?

As a former public school teacher, I do not care for public education. However, I don’t have the solution to this problem. I’m also behind in my reading, but I’m looking forward to catching up a bit today and seeing what Uncle Douglas has to say.

I love that Jenna (whoever you are!! 🙂 ) is on a school board to open a Christian school, even though she may not send her children. This reminds me of the importance of being involved in our communities, even when our children may not be directly impacted. It has only been in recent years that I understand why people are on organizations, such as a local public school board, when their children no longer attend. It’s because what happens in that school matters to the community. I’m grateful that people are involved with these types of organizations even if their children are not directly impacted.