F&F Forums

Find answers, ask questions, share resources, and connect with our community.
Think we need a new forum? Click here to create a new one.

Home Forums Book Club Family Driven Faith Reply To: Family Driven Faith

• Jordan Sparks

Administrator
    March 21, 2023 at 2:04 am

I just finished chapter 1 too! So much underlining! I’m glad he laid out the stats on children of believing families leaving the faith in droves. That the status quo is not working. Sending children off to be educated and discipled by those “out there” is not an option. I liked how he laid out the 3 ways parents are missing the mark; education, sports, and time.

“ on the contrary, my wife and I are fanatics about our children’s education. However education is not our primary goal. It’s for them to walk with the Lord.”

I’ve been thinking about this lately! We are very serious about our kids education. But there are lots of things that are more important than that. Walk with Christ, family well being, community of believers. I like that he brought up this point.

Also so true the anti family culture in some Christian circles. Like mission work is glorious, family life or children are not. Tell that to Amy Carmichael, Gladys Alward…lol

I also liked how the chapter ended with a reminder that the stakes are high and the time is short. Can’t wait for chapter 2!