F&F Forums

Find answers, ask questions, share resources, and connect with our community.
Think we need a new forum? Click here to create a new one.

Home Forums Book Club Family Driven Faith Reply To: Family Driven Faith

• Leah Wright

March 24, 2023 at 1:24 am

Chapter 2. I love that he brought up sports. We love that Noah loves baseball in the summer. However, our dads are always bringing up other sports Noah needs to play throughout the year. Derrick and I are very intentional about the things we let the kids do and how our time as a family is spent. We don’t want something going on every night of the week or taking away from attending church things. It was encouraging to hear we are setting the right priorities.

Also the end of page 41 on college and marriage. 💯! Derrick and I dated SIX years from my junior year in high school to me graduating college. We so wish we would have gotten married sooner looking back on it now. But like most parents, even Chrisitan parents, the goal to finish college and have a good job was always in our ear. God’s grace is sufficient though on all accounts and we’re thankful we feel better prepared to help guide our kids if and when that time comes for them. 🩶

“Our goal as parents must not be limited by our own vision. I am a finite, sinful, selfish man. Why would I want to plan out my child’s future when I can trust them to the infinite, omnipotent, immutable, sovereign Lord of the universe?” 🙌